I have been diagnosed with vestibular neuritis and since then I have been looking for a way to find the best possible treatment. I am not saying that the doctors are not doing their best but I am just trying to find the most effective cure. Should I go to chiropractic about this?

As I recall, vestibular nerve is positioned in the head, actually it goes from the ear area to the brain directly and I am really not sure if the chiropractic treatment can be applied here. I assume that you have already started with the corticosteroid therapy, perhaps even NSAID are included. I would suggest you to give the chance to standard medicine and seek alternative if it does not help.

I was hospitalized 3 years ago with severe vestibular neuritis. They thought I was having a stroke. I was released 5 days later on Mecaline (sp?) and low dose Valiu--and a madatory walker and cane. I required in home health services to learn how to walk. After one visit, they said I was too bad to help. My chiropracter recommended a colleague of his who specializes in treament of vertigo. I was cured after 3 20 minutes treatments. Not all chiropracters do this---and it is NOT an adjustment. I continue to have problems about once a year--following a cold. One treatment and I am cured. I was just in the ER the other night for it and they did nothing--even prescribed Vicodin??? I tore up the prescriptions and went to the chiro today. Better, not yet cured-I waited a little longer than I should have.

Can you please tell me what technique your chiro uses with specialized in vertigo and is there a name for what they do so we can find others who do that where we live?

What is the technique used?

I have vestibular neuritis and have done the VRT and meds. Been going on over 4 months now. I have a chiropractor that I have used for,years. He has been doing the neck snaps for 3 weeks. It seems to be worse. I trust him but am worried I may be going in,the wrong direction. I am almost 60 years old and a type a person. This has stopped me in my tracks. I read on here people,that have had this for years. It scares me to death. I just want this wavy feeling in my head to go away..sorry about all the poor grammar.