Hi, two weeks ago, I started having dizziness, and sometimes I even felt like I’m loosing my balance. It is a scary feeling! Anyway, I read something about those symptoms, and it seams like I have a condition called vestibular neuritis (VN). Does anyone know something about it?

Hi, you should say something more about your symptoms. Dizziness and imbalance can be caused by vestibular neuritis, but they could be also caused by many other things. I think you should visit a doctor. Maybe you have a condition called Meniere's disease, or something similar. However, if you think it’s vestibular neuritis, you should know that it is a viral infection of the vestibular nerve. This nerve has an important function to carry balance signals from the inner ear to the brain. If it’s infected, this process is disturbed, and you have dizziness and vertigo. There are ways to find out if you have vestibular neuritis, such as audiogram and ENG.