Hi. I suffer from vertigo attacks. I am not sure what to do. Is there anybody with the same experience? What is the cause of my problem? What are my treatment options?

Hi. First of all, vertigo is not a disease. It is just a symptom. Vertigo attack may occur as a result of a peripheral and central vestibular system. Sometimes, the cause is unknown. Peripheral vestibular disorders are benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, Meniere`s disease, ototoxicity, vestibular neuritis and Cogan`s syndrome. CV disorders include cardiovascular disorders, central nervous system disorders, migraine, MS, head trauma, kidney disease, thyroid disorder and tumor. Many meds can cause a vertigo attack. Are you taking any meds? Treatment depends on underlying cause. Also, alcohol can cause vertigo attack.

Can you please tell me what causes Vertigo? Is there away you can permitely get rid of Vertigo?

I used to get attacks of vertigo, however I seem to have been cured of that symptom. I was diagnosed with Meniere`s disease, which is a dying off of the balance center in the inner ear. Through many tests, the balance mechanism in my right ear appeared to be about 50% diminished, and an Ear Wick procedure was prescribed (thru The Silverstein Institute). The way it was fixed was to laser a hole through my ear, and then a "wick" was inserted thru a tube placed thru the ear drum to deliver medication to the innner ear. This killed of the rest of my balance center in the right ear, and then I had to do exercises to "train" my left ear's balance center (among other things) to compensate.

This seemed to cure my vertigo, but now I have incessant Tinnitus in the right ear, a whole 'nother issue. :(

I started suffering from Vertigo about a year ago. It was stressed-induced due to a new job that was very overwhelming. I also believe that it was related to drinking too much alcohol. My doctor prescribed Celexa which made it go away and is not addictive. A doctor should be consulted to help you sort this out. Vertigo can be very dangerous expecially when driving.

I have had Vertigo since I was 7 years old. I am now 19 and I suffer from it every few months and it lasts for like 7 days. I have been fired from a couple of jobs bc they didn't believe I was serious. Reason being the doc. couldn't find out what was causing it. But I see in these posts there are many diff. things that can cause it. But honestly I have only been sick with vertigo once since I have been preg. and it only lasted like 3 days. I am scared its going to come back after I have the baby though... Vertigo is sooo not cool especially when you have had it as long as I have. I get it really severe.... I usually end up in the hospital on fluids etc. and then after I go to the hospital they usually give me a shot of fenergen idk something weird and it makes me sleep for like 3 days after. I was jw should I get checked for all that junk in the 1st post??? to find out if its something more serious.

I am a freshman in college. tonight i was sitting on a couch with some friends and i suddenly got really dizzy and it felt like someone picked up one end of the couch because i fell the other way onto one of my friends. i yelled (because i really thought someone picked up the couch) and they all looked at me and were like 'whats wrong with you?"

is this a vertigo attack? this happened last semester. i just woke up really dizzy after a night where i partied, but i was dizzy for 3 days straight. i went to the health center where they gave me dramamine and told me to go to sleep.

but this time, i havent had alcohol in 2 days, and i have had plenty of sleep. i dont know what's wrong with me

An E.R. doctor told me valium is the best oral medication you can take--Xantex works as well, as do the generics of each.  One-half lowest dose pill for moderate problem, and a whole lowest-dose pill for a really miserable case.  Dramamine over the counter helps, though not as much.  Good luck, this is truly hellish. 

I suffer from the same thing. Iam not sure what to do either. I will be talking to my doctor seriously about this. I understand that there is medication for this to keep yourself in balance.