So I am 15 and I have vulva itching and have had it for a while, at first I thought it was because I shave my pubic hair and my mom got me a cream that is supposed to get rid of red irritation bumps but it doesn't work and I still itch and now it's starting to get worse but I'm scared to go to the doctor because we get what ever doctor we can and I don't want a man looking anywhere near there and we also don't have much money to pay the doctor bills, I don't know what to do and I would like to know if anyone knows what's wrong or any advice

Hi there! There are several common causes of vaginal itching, burning, and irritation, such as: bacterial vaginosis, sexually transmitted disease, yeast infection, chemical irritations. A number of chemical substances, including creams, douches, condoms, contraceptive foams, detergents, soaps, scented toilet paper, and fabric softeners can irritate the vagina. To prevent and treat vaginal itching: Avoid colored or perfumed toilet tissue and bubble bath; Avoid feminine hygiene sprays and douches; Change out of wet clothing, especially wet bathing suits or exercise clothing, as soon as possible; Cleanse the area by wiping or washing from front to back (vagina to anus) after urinating or having a bowel movement; Eat yogurt with live cultures or take Lactobacillus acidophilus tablets when using antibiotics; Keep your genital area clean and dry. Use plain, unscented soap; Keep your blood sugar under good control if you have diabetes; Lose weight if you are overweight; Wear cotton panties or pantyhose with a cotton crotch. Avoid panties made from synthetic materials. For infants and toddlers, change diapers often. It is also helpful to: Avoid overexertion, heat, and excessive sweating; Avoid scratching, which will only aggravate the problem; Delay sexual activity until your symptoms get better, or use a lubricant during intercourse; Use condoms to avoid catching or spreading sexually transmitted diseases. I hope this will help you.