Hello all, for about the past week I have been having vaginal pain and excessive (IMO) discharge. The pain is centered around my vaginal opening. I am very aware of it, when I am sitting straight up. The only time I seem to not notice it is when I slouch. After a few days of the vaginal pain, I started to have a lot of discharge, I would look at my underwear and see that there would be wet patches. The discharge is clear and has no smell really...and if it does smell, it smells like the last thing I ate. I stuck my finger inside the hole to see if there was perhaps any toilet paper stuck inside, and a small amount of creamy white/clear fluid came out on my finger, but that only one time. It looked normal to me. I do have some kind of lump inside my vaginal opening, to the right side, but it has been there for quite some time, I think it's just my body. I also have had a small amount of anal itching.

I am not sexually active, so I'm not at all worried about an STD. I am worried that it may be a UTI or a Yeast Infection, but I don't fit any of the typical symptoms. I am obese and have started exercising and eating better. I was wondering if this could be a hormonal change or the body acclimating to the new exercise regimen? I also had rode an exercise bike at the gym, with a small seat, so all of my weight was kind of centered to the front. I am not sure if the bike seat broke my hymen? This was about 3 weeks ago though.

My past few cycles have included bleeding during the middle (during ovulation, I assume) of them. I am also prone to getting cysts or pimples when I ovulate due the mucus type fluid clogging my pores, I assume. I also have hypothyroidism, which is what leads me to believe this could be a hormonal issue.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it so much. I can handle the uncomfortableness, but I feel as though I am getting a diaper rash type pain due to the discharge always being in contact with my skin and if I don't have any kind of infection, I certainly don't want it to turn into one.

Thick, white discharge is common at the beginning and end of your cycle. Normal white discharge is not accompanied by itching. If itching is present, thick white discharge can indicate a yeast infection. Clear and stretchy discharge means you are ovulating. Clear and watery discharge occurs at different times of your cycle and can be particularly heavy after exercising. A normal vaginal discharge consists of about a teaspoon a day that is white or transparent, thick to thin, and odorless. This is formed by the normal bacteria and fluids the vaginal cells put off. The discharge can be more noticeable at different times of the month depending on ovulation, menstrual flow, sexual activity and birth control. Pain in the vagina most commonly is a result of infection, so you most probably have a vaginal yeast infection. You should talk to your gynecologist about the proper therapy. You shouldn't worry about it. I doubt it could be related to your hypothyroidism.