I have developed a whole cluster of symptoms and I am very worried. I can’t get an appointment at the doctor’s until next week. I have been experiencing pain in the neck and right shoulder for the last couple of weeks but for the last few days I have had periodic numbness in upper arm, elbow, forearm and head. It is pretty weird, very similar to leg stiffness and numbness that used to wake me up at nights. What is this? Some kind of nerve problem or something?

I it quite possible that you have cervical disk herniation, meaning than the disks between your cervical vertebrae have dropped and the vertebrae have been touching each other and possibly pinching a nerve/s that is/are responsible for the parts you feel numbness in. I ahd simlar problems with the lumbar part of the spine where the pain was hitting the lower back radiating to the legs. I took medications, did exercises and the problem went away but it wasn’t easy and it took quite some time. I suppose you will have MRI done to see what is going on.

definitely sounds like a pinched nerve or possible traumatic carpal tunnel. if you have developed any sudden health issues lately that cause edema (swelling) that cuts of circulation and can cause the symptoms of carpal tunnel, which are also tingling and numbness of the hand. but it sounds more like a pinched nerve and it needs to be corrected asap before something more serious develops in that lumbar region.

I have had the same symptoms for about a year. Finally after many different doctors told me it was tendinitis, or muscel spasms I found a doctor that sent me for an MRI. Turns out I have a protruding disk, and arthritis. Apparently the arthitis has caused a bone spur that is rubbing against a nerve, causing pain, tingling and numbness all the way down my left arm and into my fingers.

Now recently I have started having the same problem in the other arm, so don't know if it is the same bone spur or not, but it is painful at times. I have also now, within the past 3 days developed painful red lumps on the right side of my neck. It started with one and felt like a pimple when it is way down under the skin. Now, I have two more and they are bright red and growing fast. I have no idea if this might be just another symptom of all the other things going on in my neck, or if this might be something totally unrelated.

Anyone have any thoughts? I don' t get to see my doctor for another 2 weeks and and wondering what to do.

I have the same disc issue.... seems to last for a few weeks and then subside. Usually I find 400ml Ibuprofen helps calm the discomfort.

As far as the "pimples," you might want to check with your doc to see if you have a Staph Infection (aka Impetigo). It is a bacterial infection that requires medication.

I think you should see the Dr. fast. My niece has these and it was diagnosed as Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a bacterial infection that is highly resistant to some antibiotics. Staph skin infections cause a red, swollen, and painful area on the skin, Drainage of pus or other fluids from the site, fever, skin abscess.

possibly a contagious bacteria?? helobacter pylori? do any of you have abdominal pain and paleness??/

I am experience a pain in my right shoulder going down to my elbow.  Where the circulation seems to be given me a lot of pain this past week in right elbow and shoulder.  I know am starting to have similar pain in my left shoulder taken over the pain in my left arm.  Losing considerable amount of muscle problems.  I don't know if I am experience a heart attack, anxiety disorders or what.  Can you please help 

very serious ! don't wait goto a DOCTOR

THERAPY1 wrote:

Kevin Schultz wrote:

very serious ! don't wait goto a DOCTOR

Few years ago I noticed my hands hurt and felt tight in the morning. Now a few weeks ago along with my hands my wrist and elbows hurt and it's all day. Now too my muscles on my neck and upper shoulders hurt. I went to my doctor and told her it feels like I have a flu with all this pain but I know I don't have a flu kinda hard to explain I said. Long story short, had to do some blood test after the doctor got them back they called me in for the results. Turns out I have Lupus. Crazy as it may sound, i am glad I found out what is going on. For me it's much easier to be aware of what is going then be in the dark. I got to say I was in shock for a few days never thinking I have Lupus that never crossed my mind. After processing this new information I'm now dealing with figuring out my next steps. We are in July and I have to wait till Sept to see a specialist. I called many specialist trying to get in sooner, non of them have earlier appointments. Well, guess I have to wait till then. Hope you are able to find out what is causing your pain.

LES2026613 wrote:

THERAPY1 wrote:

Kevin Schultz wrote:

very serious ! don't wait goto a DOCTOR

lupus is one of the side effects from consuming aspartame which is now in 9000 food drink and pharmaceutical products it has many names .if you have been consuming it stop now.it an acumalitive toxin.if you look up the 92 side effects of aspartame you will find the sad truth.dont bother with wicked appeediar there is big bucks in chemicals.and they really do not wany the truth out.i know i sound mad ,but really the situation is bad.the uk government call it a soft kill chemical agent.say no more.xxgood luck

YOU SHOULD TRY iCE THERAPY THREE TO FOUR TIMES IN 24 HOURS. NO DIRECT CONTACT BE THERE BETWEEN SKIN AND iCE..KEEP TWO OR THREE METTALIC BOWLS HAVING WATER IN THE FREEZER .iT IS VERY BENEFICIAL AT NIGHT AND STRENGTHEN THE MUSCLES AROUND SHOULDERS.NO NEED OF PAIN KILLERS .ICE BE APPLIED MAXIMUM FOR 5 TO 10 MINUTES .

Dear wimpee,

You have systemic autoimmune neuropathy and so symptoms arise in the limbs including the low back, cervical spine, buttock and shoulder and the limbs associated with those structures. The brachial plexus and the sacral plexus and their terminal nerves are involved so your symptoms are more or less wide spread and change over time. Often the problems are "blamed on" spinal herniaged discs and many people have spinal surgery with plus minus results, mainly minus results. Some people if they have the problem bad enough, over time, are diagnosed with MS, which is known to be autoimmune in nature and to have a highly varied clinical presentation. Please see my note under my handle Norsk10 and it will explain some things. Yours, Norsk10

I SEE YOUR DIAGNOSE IS BASED ON IN CLINIC PATIENT INTERVIEW

Lupus was around betore aspartame.