My friend likes to wear her shoes without socks and she wears the same tennis shoes all the time, especially for gym class. Her feet doesnt stick or itch. Can she get athletes foot? She said that girls don't get it.

yes women can get it.sweaty hot feet can cause atlethes foot

I've seen female runners with athletes foot before. Women are less likely to get it do to the more open type of footwear that they tend to wear. A better change of contracting athletes foot is by walking barefoot at the pool area and at the locker rooms. Wearing sneakers without socks is like wearing the same pair of undies day in and day out. Dead skin will buildup in the shoe mixed with the moisture of the foot making a excellent enviroment for bacteria to thrive. It is hard to belive that her feet don't stink. I got a ride back with a female runner that runs trialthlons. She had a pair of shoes in the car that reeked badly. She do not had athletes foot. Without socks, all of the sweat goes right to the shoes.