What kind of socks do you wear?

I have always worn plain cotton socks, but for some reason, they have been giving me blisters lately.

I have coolmax socks, but they make my feet feel all sweaty and hot (my feet never sweat in cotton).

Thorlos most of the time. But sometimes I just grab whatever out of the drawer and go with that. All the Thorlos that I have are the super-thick ones so they may throw off your shoe fit a little. If you buy them and like them a lot, make sure that you take a pair with you when you go shoe shopping.

thorlos for me work well
and i have thin nike socks for the summer that i like that wisk away sweat better

i have recently become a huge fan of thorlos

thorlos for me too. i buy the running lite version (i think that's what they are called) which are thinner than the regular but definately not thin.

Thorlos
Various other pair's of coolmax sox. Wigwam, Asics, Ultrmax, etc.

about 24 pair overall

My sock saga: I wore Thorlo's for years because of the cushioning. I loved them except for one little thing. I have a tendency to hit my right foot against my left ankle right about the area of the top of the Thorlo sock. Because Thorlo's don't have a top band they would unravel in no time. So I switched to Wigwam's CT Marathon sock. Loved it! Not as much cushion as the Thorlo's, but it gave me a bit more room in my shoe, and it has a top band so it didn't unravel. Wore them for years and then noticed that the qualilty of said Wigwam's has been waning during the past year :( so I tried SmartWool. Love 'em! Got the cushioning I need, the top band I need AND they keep my feet dry.

I love the ironman triathalon socks. I wear the anklet ones, so they barely come up to the top of my shoe.

I also like defeat socks, but it got to the point that I never had any normal socks to wear, and defeat socks under jeans looked silly when we get to dress down at work, so I switched.

I like smartwool for in the cold, cold part of winter.

Defeet mostly, I have about 15 pairs now.....and my lucky race socks that I wear at every race, no matter what I'm dressed in....are my Charlotte Running Co Defeets!!!!

For normal runs I do occasionally wear thick cotton Nike socks and have never gotten a blister. I have a couple other pair of Coolmax anklets that I wear in the summer but my Defeet collection is by far my favorite bunch!

The thinnest coolmax that I can find! Nike and ASICS used to make the best--they were almost like a waffle-weave....I have a difficult time finding the nikes in my small size. Many times I have to rely on the double layer socks--but only wear them when my shoes are well broken in. Have tried thorlo and smartwool but could never get used to the cushioning....probably because I used to wear 2 pairs of asics that only had a few threads keeping them together....but they were my racing socks and I couldn't part with them!!!

sue

I'm in the DeFeet camp too. They're my favs. I have Thorlos I wear around the house, but find them too "volumunous(sp?)" in my shoes.

Tried Wal-Mart's Coolmax socks. They seem ok to me - have bought about 8 pair so far. About $2 a pair, too!

I always wear Peds thin ankle socks. They're great, nice and thin. They're cotton, because I have the same problem w/Coolmax socks that you do, and I hate that sweaty feeling.

I started having trouble with blisters last year while running in cotton socks (in this humidity there is no such thing as not sweating) and I tried Wright Socks to do the trick. They are 2 layers coolmax but pretty thin. I like those but have since become a huge Thorlos fan because of the cushioning. But I agree with the fit issues, but I like them so much I have accomodated.