hello, I am wondering what suggestions you may have for re-aligning the big toe when the appearance of bunion exists, but is not painful.
If I am foolish enough to walk a mile in high heels, well then yes the pressure and angle will definitely make me look forward removing the shoes and getting my feet up and stretching them.
Is it possible through consistent foot /toe excercises, if you will, to strengthen the foot into proper alignment?
I ask this because as a child did foot excercises daily and wore corrective shoes until age 11, as I was born with a "ball" or convex shape under the inside of the foot rather than an arch. This seems to have worked very well as later from age 16 to 24 I trained and performed in modern dance and had a fair amount of success. Most notably unlike many other dancers never had any foot pain or problems.
Are there any movements, stretches, resistance positions you would recommend or suggest. I really don't want to have surgery and am willing to work at regaining full abilities.
I am 54 yrs old, and currently walk 1 to 2 miles round trip to work and errands daily. Thank you, JoAnne

I would try Bunion Booties ( ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***) my mom is a nurse and swears by them.  She just ordered her 2nd pair (so she could rotate).  Says she sees her big toe straightening and she had really bad bunions.  I ordered two pair myself and am waiting for them to be delivered.  I run and have been looking for a solution that works for me for years - I hope this is it!  My mother's bunion is much worse than mine so I am very excited to try them.  I'll keep you posted but you should check it out!

All you have to do is wear it - all the time; in shoes, barefoot, etc.  You don't feel much at first she said but after 3 weeks could definitely see a difference!

Good luck!

Unfortunately you dont get these for tailors bunions...