Ok, so I went to a running store in NYC and got myself a pair of stability shoes because two different stores said my left foot is pronating.

I ran a mile yesterday in these shoes, and this morning I feel a slight limp in my left foot (it hurts very little when I put it down while walking). My right foot feels fine.

I want to know if this is expected during the first few days of using stability shoes.

I wear stability shoes and I never experienced that.

New shoes shouldn't hurt, regardless of what type they are.

Time to have a talk with your running store. It might be something as simple as changing how you lace your shoes, or they might need to put you in a different shoe. It's not an exact science - sometimes it takes a few attempts to find the right shoe.

Well I've already run with those shoes in the mud and they will most likely refuse to take them back. Anything else I can try?
The shoes themselves don't hurt and I feel fine in them. I feel the slight pain when I'm in my sneakers or flip flops and walk.

Try wearing your running shoes the day after and see if you still have the pain you get when you wear your flip flops

I don't notice anything anymore. I ran yesterday and I feel fine today.