Hi, I'm a newbie here. I used to run quite a bit in my younger, thinner days. Developed a neuroma and haven't gone back to running since it can get pretty painful. Don't want surgery so I'm wearing orthotics. Can someone recommend a particularly great pair of running shoes for neuroma suferrers? My podiatrist says New Balance wide size, which I wear on a daily basis. However, I want to get back to running so I'm looking for that type of shoe. Thanks.

Do you have a neuroma pad on your orthodics?
I have neuromas and the pad to me is more important than the shoe. I have been wearing men's saucony wide shoes. Mostly the Jazz ones. But I am trying a pair of Asics at the moment - 2060gels. Again men's. I don't know if I like them any better than the Saucony. I think any wide shoe will help. It took alot of trial and error for me to get comfortable running without pain. They still hurt from time to time but only on the tail end of long runs and more when I have hills on the the long runs.

HI,
I have the same thing. I took the 6 shots in the foot instead of the surgery. It did reduce the pain somewhat, I am now running 2 miles everyday (with less pain). I wear the asics cumuluus (sp? lol). I was told to make sure the shoes do not pinch your toes or the ball of your foot, so I wear the extra wide ones...
Hope this helps,
Kell

I have it in my left foot. I also have wide feet, and I've found that the New Balance EE is the best show I've owned. No pain at all! The 717 I'm wearing now has a big toe box compared to most other brands.

I run a minimum of 5.25 miles per day and up to about 10 miles.

I have trouble finding shoes/boots and when I do, I often buy several pairs. Do you do other activities like hiking or climbing? Finding boots with big toe boxes is a near impossibility. I have found some Salomon boots that are great, but haven't tried their shoes yet.

I had to stop running for awhile and then tried my orthotics and hated them. I threw them away. I sized upped 1/2 size and went wide with new balance....no problems for about 5 years and then I started getting the falling asleep and sized up another 1/2 and NOT wide. No problems.