What do you do with your running shoes once you all you can out of them,

I have actually saved a few pair of mine for sentimental reasons (my first Broad Street, The PDR, and The Philly Marathon.

Most of the other times I just toss them out.

Demote them to more mundane tasks.

There's one road race I try to get on my calendar most years. They sponsor a shoe drive for a free clothing place in St Paul. So somewhere out there I imagine some homeless guys wearing my old treads.

I've also boxed up a half dozen and shipped them off to a 3rd world country shoe drive once. From what I read, it's a big undertaking so those kind of drives are hard to come across.

Nike also has an address to ship shoes to. Kinda neat what they do. The uppers get shredded and given to a company that stuffs dog beds and the soles get shredded and molded into all weather running track surfaces.

Demote them to more mundane tasks.
:1: Then when they hardly resemble a show anymore I pitch'em.

Personally I bronze them and hang them from my rear view mirror.

demote and keep only one pair.

Only have one pair that I will never throw out or wear again. My first marathon sneakers. When I finished the marathon I took them off. I still have dirt on them from the finish area of the Marine Corps Marathon

I give them to the homeless. There's a huge homeless contingent down here and a woman I used to work with, works with them. I wash them up and give them to her.

Demote them to more mundane tasks.
:1: First they go to casual sneakers, then their third life is yard shoe. By then I think i got my money's worth.

Demote them to more mundane tasks.
Yes, me too...they become gardening shoes, but now that I'm running regularly I have too many gardening/yard shoes. I like the idea of donating them to the poor. :)

I do too! I'm going to call a couple of our local homeless shelters and see if they will take them, as well as the local running stores to see if a program already exists. I'll keep you locals posted if I find anything out or can get something started.....would anyone be interested if I can?

I have about 6 pair now that I rotate as casual/painting/grubby job sneaks but I'd feel better sending them to the homeless. And there are a bunch of runners in my group at work that I could probably get to do the same.

Demote them to more mundane tasks.
:1: First they go to casual sneakers, then their third life is yard shoe. By then I think i got my money's worth. :1: