Hello. I am a woman 54 years old and I have problems with circulation. I have tried everything, but nothing except massage seems to work. I can not afford massage all the time, nor I have anybody to massage me whenever I want. I heard about reflexology shoes a while ago, and I am not sure if that is a good idea. How does it work?

It is simple. You wear those shoes, and they stimulate your feet, which enables good circulation. I think it is a good idea. A nice alternative to not being massaged at all. The points where the shoes touche your feet are the nerve points. It resembles acupuncture. Go for it, you have nothing to lose.

Hi Norrie,
Just read (a bit late) your question about reflexology shoes and circulation. As a reflexologist I dislike the term "reflexology shoes". Any shoe that is on your feet should be flexible and move like your foot. Wearing shoes that are rigid or wearing orthotics greatly impact your foot function. When your foot cannot function the way it was designed...neither will your body function the way it was designed. When buying shoes make sure they bend at the arch (not just at the ball) most shoes have shanks from the heel to the ball...it is very important that the lateral arch is flexible and that there is no rigid arch support. The feet are designed to flatten as we walk and arch supports interfere with this function. the 38 joints in our feet are designed to articulate 150 different ways for stride and balance...in rigid soled or shoes with no back (where the toe have to grip) you lose 148 of those articulations!! this will affect many different bodily functions...and some very painfully...(hip, knee, low back). If your toes are having to grip to keep your shoes on your feet or if the soles are very rigid...this affects the muscles in your calves and foot...which directly affects your circulation and your heart. Your heart requires the calf muscles to pump blood back up...but when they do not function properly...the heart has to pump harder to bring the bllod back up...which leads to high blood pressure, heart palpations, circulation prolbems.

Long story short...find flexible shoes that allow the foot to function as it would barefoot. This will allow the body to functionb etter. Forget the expensive REFLEXOLOGY SHOES. Barefoot is best. That is how the Universe designed us.

Hi Norrie,

I am a Reflexologist who just wrote a long response to your question and then think it was lost because I had to join first. If it did not get posted please email me at ***** and I would be happy to re-write most of my response...it is actually a daily mantra for me and my reflexology clients!! i love to teach people the importance of shoes and their health. And most importantly I love when doing something so simple can change someones health so dramatically!! It truly doesn't need to cost alot to be healthy. Lisa

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **