lI get pain in my knees whenever I bend them,especially when I am going up the stairs, I know this is due to being overweight, I have been very skeptical about trying diet pills, but because this effects my body, I am willing to try anything to get this weight off of me, does anyone have any effective suggestions that I could try?

I HAVE ALOT OF KNEE PAIN DUE TO THE WAY MY PATELLA SLIDES SIDEWAYS OVER MY KNEE CAP. I WAS TOLD THIS BY A DOCTOR AFTER MY FIRST SURGERY. THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM, IT PULLS TENSIONS AND LIGAMENTS AWAY IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION AND CAUSES PAIN AND INFLAMMATION. YOU COULD BUY A SPECIAL KNEE BRACE THAT PULLS THE CAP TO THE CENTER BUT IF YOU ARE REALLY OVER WEIGHT (30LBS OR MORE ) THAT IS NOT HELPING  THE SITUATION AT ALL. START BY WALKING  AND CHANGING YOUR DIET. EVENTUALLY YOU WILL START TO LOSE THE WEIGHT AND FEEL BETTER BUT IT'S ALWAYS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM. I'VE HAD TWO KNEE SURGERYS NOT RELATED TO THIS AND BELIEVE ME IT'S ALWAYS BOTHERING ME . BUT I AM A VERY ACTIVE PERSON ALWAYS HAVE BEEN. BEING ACTIVE I THINK IS THE KEY TO LESS PAIN , BUT PLEASE DON'T OVERDO IT. I RECENTLY HAD A ROTATOR CUFF SURGERY, 5 MONTHS AGO AND IT'S BEEN HARD TRYING TO GET BACK TO MY NORMAL SELF BUT I HAVE NOTICED THE OLDER I GET THE HARDER IT IS TO BOUNCE BACK.

I have this too does anyone know anything?