I will have laproscopic knee surgery and would really appreciate if someone would give me some advice or pictures on this procedure!

Hey,
You can find pictures on web, just surf little bit more. Also have them on google scholar. I am really not that into this procedure, but I know sophisticated video equipment is used for all laparoscopic surgery, like a tube with small camera on it for inner observation of happening, in your case, the knee.

I had arthascopic surgery done last year and during this surgery I had what is call the Oats presedure not used very often and I would not recommend. My knee is still very unstable and I suffer from continual nerve pain . I also suffer with numbness to my foot .I worked as an EMT on the local Rescue Squad when my knee dislocated during a transfer of a patient . During the dislocation I fractured the Patella {knee Cap}I waited almost 2 weeks before I had surgery It was terrible.But at this point my life is not ever going back to the fast life of EMS . I was told to readjust my life to my disability .NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR!!!!

Your orthopedic doctor should be able to give you some references who happen to be the patients he treated. If he's not willing to do that, then I'd see another doc. Also, I've heard via news broadcast, that now, some patients are finding that simple arthroscopy, like debridements, are not always necessary. They are just wallet surgerys. If it's more than debridement, such as meniscal repair, than keep researching. Look under Arthroscopic Knee Surgery, Arthroscopic Debridement Knee Surgery, etc..

I had this surgery on my right knee Feb 1 2012 and i have been in severe pain with it i have taken several different pain killers and nothing has worked. I'am going to another doctor if this pain doesn't stop and see what he says about it but i will never have it again thats for sure.
make sure you check out all the issuse on this surgery before you have it done

I Had The Surgery Done And My Leg Is Swollen So Bad ( Like 5 Time The Normal Size If Not Bigger) I Still Have Pain But I Fell Better Than What I Did Before The Surgery. Im Taking Physical Therapy Right Now.