I just need some tips on ACL/miniscous recovery, it's been a week now, i'm not having a good time and on top of that I got to go to school so is that a good idea or? Any tips please, thanks

Can you supply more info, like type of repair, are you doing PT, did your OS give you post op instructions? You are probably going to need a few weeks at home before you return to school. It will hurt for at least six months if you used your patellar tendon as a replacement.

edited by moderator**web addresses not allowed

No matter what type of ACL surgery you had (patella tendon graft, Hamstring or donor graft), it is really important to be in physical therapy(they know best!). The first thing you need to focus on is your getting your motion back (very important). To do this- do heal slides. Sit w/ both legs straight out from you, and slowly bend and pull your "bad" leg up towards you. You may only be able to bend it a little, but the more you work on it, the more bend you'll be able to get. Also, find time to do quad-sets-- where you sit w/ legs straight out, and tighten quad muscles for a few seconds, then release. This is a way to begin strengthening your leg again.

There's much more that you should add to this in time, try and get some professional advice from a physical therapist. I'm sure there are websites online, or even call a Physical Therapist office up-- they may be able to give you enough to work with, over the phone.

I was on crutches for the first 6 weeks of my ACL recovery, and went back to school 2 weeks after the surgery. Yes, it's important to have a PT to help you. And one exercise I remember is to write the alphabet with the big toe of the injured leg (A-Z). Start doing one time, and then increase to 3-4 times.

I am 16 days removed from surgery, ACL/hamstring autograft.

I am working hard dealing with the pain, I didn't goto work for 2 weeks, had a days of work and then the weekend. Anyways, the first week was tough but I am now without a brace, or crutches and have ROM 0-130 degrees.

I have started on a treadmill and stationary bike but everyday I do the straight leg raises (now 4-way), heal sides, quad settings, heal prop, wall slides, calf raises and hamstring leg curls. It sounds like a lot for me but takes now about 40 minutes.

Hey knee people im 19 days deep on my adventure to recovery from acl surgery(hamstring). Swelling is still lingering a bit above the knee but feels really good no pain. I was curious if anyone knows of any supplements or vitamins that aid to the natural healing of ligaments or for the knee in general.

Thanks All

hey ! i had my surgery 2weeks ago but i was off crutches in the 1st week .. my physio says he is the youngest he has seen to go through the op. im 14 has any1 heard of any1 younger than me?

Hi everyone. I'm 9 weeks post hamstring and miniscus repair. I was just wondering how people feel at this point? i'm so paranoid I've hurt my knee again. Keep thinking it feels weak etc. Am I being silly? Would like to hear others experiences!

I had my first acl surgery when I was 12. Did you get the same speal how you're too young to receive painkillers? all i got was Advil haha not the second time...

I then re tore in when i was 17. I'm currently playing lacrosse at a competitive D-1 school though, and doing great! never let your doctor tell you what you can't do!

I'm gettiing my ACL repaired on Tuesday and I'm scared as hell. Anxious, scared and hopeful. I have never been injured like this b4 and to make it worst I hyperextended my knee hitting it on a couch (All these years I dunked on people and I get taken out by a couch %-) ) After the surgery was you able to play the same as b4? Is it painful? I got so mmany questions but its to many to ask.

I'd appreciate any help on what to expect after this surgery.

My 9 year old nephew is having total acl reconstruction this week. He will come home without a cast and have to use a machine for 2 weeks for 6 hours a day. Then crutches for 6 weeks.

Have anyone of you used this machine? What was it like?

How did you manage with those weeks at home not able to get around?

Thanks

I just had my 3rd ACL. Had my first one when i was 13, second when i was 14, and third when i was 15. I highly recommend you do EXACTLY what you are supposed to do!

I was 13 when I had the surgery