A few hours after I run, the inside of my right knee bothers me, it goes away eventually but it makes step climbing tough. I didn't run today and it is fine. It goes away after about an hour or so. Don't take anything for it either. Thoughts?

I have the same problem, but during my runs. I have had surgery on the knee twice, and I think it is just a bit weak. Any work done?

Never had any knee problems. My problems have always been with the ankles, althought I haven't had any in a while. Then there is the bursitis in my left hip that doesn't seem to want to go away.

I run a course which goes under 2 bridges within 1/10 steeply, always come back the same way a second time, ouch. I have been working on my quads also doing lunges and they have been working for me. The kneecap gets out of alignment because of the the imbalance of hamstring muscles/quads. Bike riding is good, stair climbing and such.
:umno:

I have a reoccuring problem with my right knee. The pain starts at the lower portion of my knee (maybe slightly inside of the leg), and works its way around the bottom of the knee and then up the outside of my leg. It was caused by the slope in the road and having my right leg hit much sooner and harder then my left. The doctor called my injury a case of "Runner's Knee" which is an inflamation of the IT band.

When the pain gets bad, I get sharp pain even while walking (that's what happened over the weekend at my race). By the time I drove home (3 hrs after finishing), I could walk on it with only mild discomfort.

That's my injury. I don't know if it is the same as what you are describing.

I've been experiencing knee problems lately-bottom of knee. It only bothers me when I climb the stairs, up not down. I find for me it's tight hamstrings. The more I stretch my hamstrings the better it gets. So I've been trying to stretch every night for 30 minutes and it's helping.

I had a similar problem, but then it began hurting when i was running. My knee cap slid out of alignment and was grinding on the bone rather than sitting in the groove. The doc called it patella femoral something or another. It ruined a season of cross country my sophomore (or was it junior year, i can't remember) year. It required stretching (and some other exercise that is similar to stairs) to help it out. One of my leg muscles was significantly stronger than the other, so it pushed the kneecap out of place.

This is what I have currently. I was developing some pain on my long runs. (It would only occur at 6 - 7 miles into a run which was weird. I was fine for 6 miles or less.) My right knee cap wants to slide out, rolling away from my body. I just started physical therapy now to strength the muscles around my knee cap, specifically the muscles on the inner part of the right knee. I've also started taking the glucosimine/chondroin (sp) suppplements. (Been on that for 5 weeks now.) I hope to resume running after new years.

My knees are great! Greg, it could be an imbalance between the medial and lateral aspects of your quadriceps. Try one-leg leg extensions just working on the last 30o of the extension. And you can 'toe out' during the extension. That should isolate the vastus medialis.