Hi, couple of months ago I started working in a new place. I met a lot of new people, but one of them brought my attention. To some quite normal things, he reacts, on some occasions, inadequate. He is acting either too anxious or happy and even angry. Another colleague told me that he is manic and has manic symptoms. What are manic symptoms?

Hi, manic symptoms are expressed when a person suffers from manic depression also known as bipolar disorder. It is characterized by sudden and rapid changes of moods. These changes are called mood swings. This is exactly what is happening to your new friend at work. Manic symptoms are symptoms that occur as a result of previously mentioned conditions. This state needs to be under control. That is why doctor's help is necessary. I am sure that a person you are talking about is taking some medicine. The thing that is important about manic symptoms is not how often they appear (how rapid the mood swings are) but the intensity (how severe they are) of the symptoms. The cause of manic depression is not known although stressful events and emotional damage are found to influence it in occurring.