My mother has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and that really explains a lot her behavior in the past couple of years, especially the last year was symptomatic. She has already started with the therapy and we all hope that she will feel better now. One thing interests me, can handwriting change with changing phases in bipolar disorder?

Well, look at your own handwriting in different moods. When we are angry, we tend to squeeze the pen hard and that automatically changes the handwriting. And since she has tow major moods to deal with, mania and depression, I think that it is actually common for her condition to be expressed in that manner…

Hi there,
You have to understand that bipolar disorder is really problematic condition for patients who suffer from it. And the constant changes in life will not help with normal life. This doesn’t only influence the patient but the family as well. There will be several changes that you can notice in bipolar disorder, for instance mood changes, talking habits change from poor to often talking, temper control problem and upset in many cases. I am not really sure about the handwriting changing in the bipolar disorder. To be honest I haven’t heard that this can influence ones handwriting as well. Why are you interested in handwriting? Did your mother changed her handwriting?
Best wishes,
Marco

My handwriting is always different, but i have never been diagnosed with any mental disorder. But now, I start to wonder...