For whole day I am trying to find something about bipolar mania. I was not able to find anything, so that is why I am here. My sister has problems with her husband. A lot of problems, I can tell. He is different and he doesn't want to talk with her about this huge change.

She was talking to her friend about this change and she told some symptoms that he has. Now, her friend suspects that he is having that bipolar mania and I don't have a idea what this is?  How to recognize the symptoms of bipolar mania? How it looks like?

Hey!

What symptoms he has? Symptoms of bipolar disorder, right? What are they? She needs to tell him that she knows something and I am sure that he will accept her help. You should know that whether you know someone with the condition, you should be aware of some signs of the mania. You asked how this looks like? Well, the extreme cases can lead to big risks with money, sex, and even safety. So, I believe that your sister has noticed something about this but she doesn't want to tell you. Let her know that you do know how this looks like. 

It is not for sure that he would accept your help actually, people who are suffering from mood disorders don't always accept help and they would sometimes start hating you for pointing out their problem even though the two of you might be very close.

Symptoms of bipolar mania (disorder) are usually manic episodes or major depression episodes which start for no reason and could last up to several weeks. Sometimes the person experiencing these episodes has to be hospitalized in order to get better. I think that psychotherapy is the only way to treat this or at least learn how to cope with it.

Hi there.

I think that you can easily recognize it by mood swings. That is the best indicator.  Generally, bipolar disorder is a mental illness that can include mood swings from extreme highs to the depths of depression, and person who has it can't hide it at all.  Most of people who have it also have more than one of these “episodes” of dramatic mood shifts. Those dramatic shifts can happen everywhere and anytime. There can be a long period of time without problems in between those mood swings. It can last for days and even weeks. It can be really bad and this is how you can recognize it. 

Basically you are looking for the symptoms of depression, his depression should come and go from time to time without a particular reason to cause it. 

Some of the common signs of bipolar mania are fast talking, inflated ego, bad sleep, and a few others which are not that common.

Bipolar mania tends to happen at summer time since this doesn't happen all the time: people suffering from bipolar disorder experience bipolar mania and bipolar depression in episodes which could last from a week or two to a month or two. Your sister's husband should seek some professional help in order to learn how to cope with his disorder.

Inflated ego is really a big common symptom of people who are suffering from bipolar disorder. This is the easiest way to notice if someone is suffering from bipolar disorder. I know this because my ex boyfriend was suffering from bipolar disorder and as soon as I've noticed his ego, I broke up with him. We are now best friends actually and he told me when I broke up with him that he is suffering from bipolar disorder and that is where his big ego came from. When my friend is having his bipolar mania, we don't spend any time together, we realized that is the best way.

I feel a bit sorry for your sister, Jelly, it is not easy to live with someone who is suffering from bipolar disorder, it isn't even easy to date someone suffering from it (I know how that looks like) so I can't imagine how hard it can be to live with someone suffering from this condition.

It is just how others said, it is a period that happens at a random time and lasts for a couple of weeks maximum. During this time it would probably be best for your sister to just avoid her husband until he comes back to being his normal him.