I have been researching the varicella vaccine and have a few questions.
Does the varicella vaccine offer permanent immunity? My husband has never had the chicken pox, but I had chicken pox as a child. He will have blood work done to determine whether he has antibodies against the virus, because I am 4 months pregnant since it is a live virus does it pose any threat to our unborn baby? Thanks in advance.

I have read that the vaccine provides temporary immunity to the virus leading to speculation that children vaccinated will likely end up with chicken pox as adults. This could be so much more serious when their immunity terminates, but research on the varicella vaccine long-term benefits are still in progress. Pediatrician recommends varicella vaccine immunization in children. It generally recommends deferring immunization of a child or any other family member with a pregnant mother if she was not sure of her immunity status.