Hi! Recently I noticed that I constantly don’t feel well. I have a problem with concentration. Also I feel depressed for weeks. I’m afraid that maybe I have some serious illness. Few days ago I read something about dementia in newspaper. Can somebody tell me what the symptoms of early onset dementia are?

You should know that early onset dementia is very serious disease. People with early onset dementia have a huge problem with remembering things, they can not find the right words and also they start to repeat things in conversation. They have a problem to coupe with their aggression. They usually feel suspicious of other people.

Hallo,
If I am not mistaking there are two types of dementia with early onset. First one is presenile dementia and the other one is senile dementia. The thing is that most patients that have dementia before they have 65 years of age have Alzheimer’s disease. Presenile dementias, caused by frontotemporal lobar degeneration and corticobasal degeneration, usually occur in patients of presenile. I think that main problem here is that doctors don’t know the real reason for onset of dementia in the first place. As much as I know genetic abnormalities appear to be important in some types of presenile dementia, such as frontotemporal dementia with parkinsonism linked to chromosome 17. You have to understand that this condition is not simple at all.