I would like to know something more about the senile dementia, the condition my mother has been diagnosed with. What age group is most affected with it? I have a lot older sister, she is 49 years old and she has been giving some depression problem. I am just afraid that she does not end up like our mother.

Well, the age group most commonly affected by this illness is 60 and over. Still, there are some risk groups that are not age dependent, such as people that suffer from high blood pressure, smokers, high cholesterol patients etc. And as far as I know, depression is not the condition that might complicate and turn into dementia.

Hallo,
Decreased intellectual functioning that interferes with normal life functions is often associated with dementia. Your mother will experience memory loss, problems with language and judgment. She will develop personality changes as the condition progresses. You have to understand that senile dementia are outdated terms that reflect the formerly widespread belief that dementia was a normal part of aging. I am not sure that this is a condition that you only get in alter age. If you have Alzheimer’s disease you might have dementia earlier then 65 years of age. So you should try to have regular checkup with your doctor in order to see if anything is changing in your brain. I hope that this helped.