Hello! My uncle has always drunk a lot. I don’t remember seeing him sober in the last ten years. At first it was funny, especially when I was a child, since he used to tell funny stories and songs. But, as the time passed his condition became serious. Since he lives alone I am afraid he will no longer be able to take care of himself. He is no longer able to plan and organize even simple every days activities and he is depressed. I want to take him to see his doctor but he doesn’t want to. What are the symptoms of alcohol-induced dementia?

Hello! Alcohol-induced dementia is a result of chronic alcohol abuse. It is a progressive condition and causes brain damage and memory loss. The symptoms of alcohol-induced dementia are cognitive impairment, memory loss or poor memory recall, lack of motivation, poor concentration, confusion, reduced ability to speak or write, inability to acquire new information, inability to perform simple co-ordination or manipulation tasks, inability to identify objects or spoken words, impaired ability to plan, organize or anticipate a sequence of events domestic, social or occupational dysfunction depression.

Would a person who consumes 6 cans of beer per day some days more not usually any less be a candidate for alcohol induced dimentia?

The risk is pretty high. Alcohol related dementia is a progressive disorder, the more you drink and the longer, the worse it gets.
The problem is drinking to the point of reaching a high blood-alcohol concentration, on a regular basis, which is likely to cause slight but cummulative brain atrophy. Overtime, you may start noticing little problems. If you get sober, you may notice the problems even more. Yes, being tipsy helps you ignoring them.
Good luck.