I would like to hear if there is any affective therapy for dementia for ever since he had this car accident my husband has this dementia problems and he in fact injured his head badly and had mild brain concussion but it is almost 6 months now from that event and he still suffers from dementia and now I wonder is there some effective therapy for dementia caused by head injury? Thanks!

Hi there! My husband had the sort of the same problem for he also injured his head while camping he actually felt from the peak of the hill and since this fall he had this dementia problem that lasted for almost a year. So I know one of the most effective therapies in patients with dementia caused by head injury is actually having family and emotional support that is combined with behavioral and cognitive rehab program and sometimes taking antidepressants is needed for in most cases these patients faces the aggression, depression and anxiety symptoms as well as mood changes and insomnia problems so in these cases the usually therapy for dementia are psychotropic or psychoactive drugs.