My friend’s child is three years old and she is beautiful girl, but unfortunately, she suffers from albinism. I know that life will not be easy for her but her parents and all of us will help as much as I can. I never actually talked with them about this condition, but I guess I would like to know about it a bit better. So, I think that the most important question for now is what is prognosis for people that suffer from albinism.

I guess you are talking about lifespan and you do not have to worry. Large majority of people that suffer from this condition has a normal lifespan. Although, there are several forms of this illness that area bit more dangerous. Some include bleeding disorders and easy development of lung disorders (Hermansky – Pudlak syndrome). But fortunately, these cases are very rare.