Hi, my mother has a history of health problems in her life. The latest illness in her life is Sjogren's syndrome. She has been complaining of dry eyes. Since it did not withdraw, I took her to the doctor and the diagnosis has been made. This is a new illness for me. I have never heard about it before. Can you tell me what the prognosis is for people that have Sjogren's syndrome?

Hi, Sjogren's syndrome is a disease that affects moisture producing glands. As a result of it, dry eyes and mouth are the symptoms that occur. Sjogren's syndrome is an autoimmune disease which means that it is created by our own immune system. It sometimes mistakes some parts of our organism for a foreign objects and acts against them causing inflammation. I must tell you that there is no cure for it. The doctor has probably prescribed some medicine for your mother. They are used to treat the symptoms of the illness. Also, they are found to be quite useful. Your mother must contact the doctor as soon as possible if some changes occur. Therefore, the prognosis is good regarding the symptoms of the illness but illness itself remains.