Hello, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with nocardiosis. He has a form of the disease that affects lungs. I would like to know what the symptoms are of this form. I would really be grateful if you could explain it to me little more. I hope someone will answer. Bye, folks.

Hi, there. Nocardiosis usually appears when someone has weakened immune system. The lung disease is also known as pulmonary nocardiosis. Some of the symptoms are: cough, chest pain and fever. Sometimes, a patient can even cough blood. These symptoms are much more severe within patients who are immunocompromised. I hope this is not your friend’s case. If you need more info, you should consult his doctor. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck! Bye!

Hi, everyone. I would agree with the previous post. My uncle had pulmonary nocardiosis, so I know what I am talking about. He was coughing blood. This form has a subacute onset. It is also very resistant to antibiotics. That is why the treatment should be aggressive. I hope your friend will manage. Good luck to him. Bye!