Hello, good people. My friend has been diagnosed with endocarditis. In his case, it is caused by staphylococcus. I would like to know if this is really necessary. I know that he has been experiencing some symptoms, but is this really needed? I would really like to hear your opinion about this.

Hi, there. You shouldn’t be worried. It is good that your friend is hospitalized. Endocarditis is a life threatening condition and requires the treatment in hospital environment. Staphylococcus aureus is a bacterium that has become resistant to many antibiotics. That is why treating it is not an easy job. In hospital, doctors will see in best manner how a patient reacts to the therapy. You can talk to his doctor if you need more info. I hope this helped. Good luck with all!

Hello, everyone. I agree that endocarditis is a serious disease. It is life threatening. If it doesn’t threat your life, then it can leave some permanent and serious consequences. One of them is permanent valve damage. So, when you see all this, wouldn’t you wish to treat something like this in a hospital? Only there a proper treatment can be arranged. We are not talking about common cold, so we could treat it at home. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hi. I also think that it is good that your friend is hospitalized. Staph is a very nasty bacterium. It is resistant to many antibiotics. Doctors must follow the answer of this bacterium closely. The best way to do this is to put a patient in a hospital. And these patients need absolute rest and peace. I doubt that they could get this at their homes. I hope your friend will be all right. Bye!