Hello, folks. I have been diagnosed with nocardiosis. It is located in lungs. However, lately I have been experiencing some headaches and fever. I would like to know if it is possible for Nocardia to be disseminated from lungs to the brain. I would appreciate all your replies. Bye and thanks!

Hello, there. Nocardiosis has several locations in a body where it can appear. The most common ones are: lungs, skin and brain. Ocular disease is also possible. Nocardia can be spreaded through bloodstream into the brain. It is not impossible. Since you are experiencing some symptoms, I recommend you to consult your doctor about this. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hi, there. My friend had problems with nocardiosis. His disease also started on his lungs. Since he had poor immunity, it disseminated to the brain. He had similar symptoms to yours. Weakened immune system is the guiltiest factor for appearance of this disease. I agree that you should consult a doctor. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck! Bye!