Hi, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with nocardiosis. He has lung apces as manifestation of this disease. I would like to know how this apces is treated. Can anyone help me with some info? I would be very grateful if you could tell me something more about this. Thanks. Bye!

Hi, there. Lung and brain abscesses are frequent manifestations of nocardiosis. Usually, nocardiosis is treated with antibiotics. The first ones that are used are sulfonamides. But, they are not enough in this case. Surgical drainage of the abscess is a must. Your friend should go for this. I hope I’ve helped with this. Good luck to him! Bye!

Hello. My friend had lung abscess due to Nocardia infection. He had to take antibiotics for a long period of time. I think he was taking them for at least 6 months. However, this was not enough. He had to go to a certain procedure. It was a surgical drainage. Antibiotics cannot always get through the abscess capsule. I hope your friend will be all right. Bye!