Hi, folks. I have been experiencing lately some problems with my eye and I went to a doctor. I was diagnosed with keratitis, but that was not all. My doctor says that this is caused by nocardiosis. I would like to know something more about this. Your help will be more than welcomed here. Thanks.

Hi, there. Ocular disease can be one of the manifestations of nocardiosis. Nocardiosis is caused by bacteria called Nocardia. It rarely affects people with preserved immunity. People with weakened immune system are more prone to this infection. You should check out your immune system. I even recommend you to test yourself to HIV. I hope everything will be fine. Bye!

Hello, folks. I have a close friend who was diagnosed with nocardiosis. It is true that people with weakened immune system are more prone to this infection. Ocular disease is rarer than other manifestations. It is mostly manifested as keratitis. You should be careful since some people relate nocardiosis keratitis with eye trauma. I don’t know how much this is true. You should consult your doctor. I hope this helps. Bye!