I am reading Enemy at the Gates (not the sniper stuff, like the movie. That though is mention, The title is taken from a correspondence from the general in charge of the defense of Stalingrad stating that the "Enemy is at the gates of the City). It is about the Battle of Stalingrad. From its beginings to the end. It is a well written book. The book was written in 1973 but is probably the pinnacle of the books written on the battle. It is horrible what happened there by both sides involved. The author does a fair job presenting without really judging.

I am reading this thread.........

and the last book I read was "Down By the Station" a brief but pithy novel about rail transportation

I just finished The Vampire Lestat about 5 minutes ago! Moving on to Queen of the Damned this evening.

"Reefer Madness: Sex, Drugs, and the Exploitation of Labor in the Black MArket" by Eric Schlosser

Reading secret these days.. Getting lots of positivity from that book :)

Slander: Liberal Lies about the American Right by Ann Coulter Just finished Let Freedom Ringby Sean Hannity

Sounds like a whopper of a tale....

Dennis Miller Ranting Again I tried giving the Celestine Prophecy another go, but it wouldn't take.

Anyone ever read The Grapes of Wrath? I tried but it bored me to tears. :|

Sounds like a whopper of a tale....
It's actually very interesting. Well researched and documented.
I've read "Grapes of Wrath" and didn't find it too bad...but for the life of me I don't think I'll ever get through Ulysses no matter how i try.

19 years ago in High School.

19 years ago in High School.
One book that is not on my re read list. Steinbeck and I do not get along.

Come on, Rosasharron, get back on the flatbed. Read it in high school, and thought it was pretty good.

So Big by Edna Ferber. Won the Pulitzer for fiction in 1924. Pretty good book. A whole lot better than One of Ours, which I was afraid it might be like.

It was a first edition then ;)