I have so many books on my "to read" list that I probably wouldn't have to buy one more book til the day I die.

Right now I'm reading "Boundaries with Kids," though because I have to teach it this fall.

Living the Martial Way by Forrest Morgan

Last book finished (LC will laugh at this one): Diary of A Wombat

Uh...may I ask what this is about??? :?

Did it have pictures?

I'm not actually reading it now, but I'd like to start soon. The Culture of Fear by Barry Glasner

It has been on my list for a long time. Highly recommended by everyone that has read it. Similar books of interest:
Sword and Brush by Dave Lowery - Japanese decription of characters and the MA meaning
Kodo: Ancient Ways by Kensho Furuya - Collection of his essays on training.

US, EW, Glamour, Self. Mindless c**p until school starts back up next week. :cry:

If it didn't I never would have finished. :P

It's actually, as you figgered, a very charming children's book (LC brings a lot of these home to screen before putting them on the shelves) about the week in the life of a wombat. She said, "Read this, and replace the wombat with a Golden Retriever. See if it reminds you of a family member of ours."

I did, and it did. :D

I have been burned out on reading the last couple of weeks, but I just picked up a book at work that I couldn't put down. It's called The Outside World by Tova Mirvis. It's a novel about a young Orthodox Jewish girl in Brooklyn, and gives a fascinating view of life among different orthodox groups. I also loved Diary of a Wombat (and yes, it does have pictures). Another good book I just read is Swifter, Higher, Stronger by Sue Macy. It's a book for kids on the history of the Olympics.

Right now I'm so bored I'll be reading the insides of my eyelids soon....

Let's see... I am in the middle of A Good Scent from a Strange Mountain by Robert Owen Butler. This is a Pulitzer Prize winning collection of short stories dealing with Vietnamese in America after the war. It's pretty good, and i don't think i'm going to write a review on it because i don't know how. I have the book The Coma, by Alex Garland out from the library. I don't know much about it, but Garland is an excellent writer having written The Beach (forget the movie, the book is awesome), The Tesseract, and the screenplay for 28 Days Later. And since i have to go to a meeting i'll get back with some other stuff that i have finished recently and what is on my plate for the future.

I'm currently reading the biography of Chesty Puller one of the most revered Marines ever.

And I am reading the second to last Repairman Jack so I can return it to my father. This one ROCKS!!! It was written after 9-11.

This really has nothing to do with your book (well, maybe a bit). Starting on Monday I am going to be reading "A Pair of Red Clogs" to my son every day for 5 days as part of his unit study on Japan. My husband is Japanese so we are stretching this lesson out for 2 weeks rather than the typical one.

I just read "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night" which I thought was great. I started "White Teeth" but didn't finish it before school and now it will be months until I can get at it again. I also read "The Big Rumpus," a truly funny book, better if you're a parent. I recommend them all.