Do you have the time to read a book?

Is sitting down in front of the file curled up with a book a thing od the past?

Is it a sign of you getting old ?

S99

I am old. I can no longer file and read a book at the same time. :P

AS much as I would love to curl up in front of a fire with my book, I finished my last one while I was washing dishes in between questions from Ian about his homework.

Good thing it wasn't a library book, the pages got a little soapy.

Edited to say this is a case where having ADD is a GOOD thing.

No fire for me, but i read at least 10 books a month (used to be 20, but i can't seem to hit those numbers anymore)

No. Not at our house.Or work.

I read all the time. But I never was that good at multi-taksing :P I need to focus when I read.

no way, about 50 books a year for this guy

and many others that I have to read

Are you kidding? The firemen come to your home and burn it down if they know you have books!

That means I am very learned.

while I don't read for pleasure as much as I used to, I still find time to squeeze them in. I read an old stephen king book just last week, finished it off in 3 days. I still have to tackle Atlas Shrugged and Homer's Odyssey (began both this past year), so maybe this weekend I'll start on one of those again.

I lit the pilot of the fireplace today, so a book in front of the fireplace is very doable and sounds nice! Thanks for your post!

I read all the time. Some of my books haven't even been colored yet.

I try and read when the kids are taking a bath. Otherwise I dont have enough time to read a book. To much time spent on the web reading all the posts here.

I learned to read by the time I was three, and I'll read every chance I get. 99+% non-fiction; high school lit classes wrecked fiction for me.

Dude, I read all the time....Well, currently textbooks but I don't think reading for fun is something for the older crowd...I see lots of young people (including me) reading for pleasure.Nothing uncool about that.. :?

School was hell for me, and it was a c**p school anyway. Most of my education came from reading everything I could get my hands on. Reading takes you anywhere you want to go, and enriches you in ways traditional schooling and lectures and essay writing can never do.

I have my girls read read read. Pretty much everything. They have amazing vocabularies for 6 & 8 year-olds.