I'll try to keep this as short as possible.
Basically about 3 years ago I smoked some weed but I 'popped a whitey' as they say and I felt like I was going to die, panicking like crazy etc... But after that I grew anxiety towards all drugs or anything that changes your behavior (inc. alcohol). But because alcohol and illegal drugs are different I'm not too bad with being around it. But because of my anxiety i'm scared to drink alcohol as it changes the way you act and i'm worried that i'll have a panic attack and become anxious. Since i've had alcohol before in the past and know what it feels like i'm wanting to be able to have a drink again.
It's my 18th birthday soon and I don't want to be able to have a drink and enjoy myself. Anyone got any good advice on how i can get back into having a drink again?
If you need anymore details just let me know, cheers.

Hi, i can see how you developed anxiety towards any substance that makes you change your mind. I am not saying you should drink or something but if you want to have fun for your birthday try to start easy with the alcohol. Try drinking a beer or two, have fun with your friends and go with the glow. Just don't over think it and you will be fine. Have fun, celebrate it and drink when you feel the need to. You can always have fun, even without any drugs or alcohol.

I have anxiety, and I would really never even take a sip of alcohol ever again because it speeds up your heart which can bring on attacks..