I am man, 42 years old. I have angina but I never was thinking that this is something serious because I never had any problems with it. My life didn’t stopped because I found out that I have it. Actually, I am more active than usual. I play soccer, I am swimming and I do take some medications for this issue. Three days ago, my best man got a daughter. Of course, I was with him and we were celebrating all day and whole night. I was drinking alcohol. Next morning, when I woke up, I felt strong chest pain. I feel it today as well. Can alcohol cause your chest pains if you have angina?  

Hey there.

I don’t know nothing about your medical history and your disease. You told us that you are dealing with angina but that you are felling ok. Is that means that you never had any symptoms or something like that? Do you check it on regular basis? Because if you don’t do that, you should.

Also, you haven’t told us how many glasses of alcohol you had that day and that night. That is very important.

I know that some researches show that drinking alcohol in a small amount can’t harm you but since I don’t know how many glasses you had, I can’t tell you exactly.

You need to control it.

Hey everyone.

I am not sure what statistics say or some people, but I will tell you what I know and what I believe at. I think that you should never drink alcohol if you are taking any medications, especially when it comes to medications for heart.

You know why? Because it can't help you. It only can harm you, and I think that we all are pretty much aware of the consequences that alcohol can do to us.

So I know that sometimes celebration can lead everyone to drink some alcohol, but I would not do this.

That is what I think. 

Hey guys. OK, I understand that you are “angry” and that you are trying to help me. But even before I found out that I am having problems with angina, I was drinking alcohol with some pills that were helping me in reducing my blood pressure. And while I was drinking (and when I say drinking, that means that I had only one glass of beer) nothing happened to me. I am asking this question because I found out that I can drink one cup, that one cup won’t harm me. I hope that this is true… But if you say that I should not drink, I will listen to you…

Hey everyone.

YoungWildFree, we are not angry at you. Opposite, we are here because we want to help you. We just want to give you some advice.

Just like others told you what they think, I will do exactly the same thing. This is an issue that you should not play with. Alcohol can speed up your heart rates every time and that is pretty bad for your angina. And you should know that.

Especially if you are on some medications you should not mix them with alcohol. That can be very bad. So, you should leave alcohol totally.

Have a nice day.

I drinkTo six pack a day