It's such a relief to find a forum with people experiencing the same things as me. I've been getting sever panic attacks for the past 3 years, although I have had periods recently where they were going away.

I was a heavy drinker from the age 18-23, I'm 27 now and still have the occasional binge. Actually at times in the past I was drinking throughout the day, smoked marijuana everyday since I was 15 and had a bad cocaine problem for a year. Thank goodness I have overcome the cocaine addiction and finally gave up the marijuana 4 months ago.

Actually as I write this I am surprised that I still look and feel alright! I am a model and unfortunately these sort of addictions and problems are an easy trap to fall into. Anyway over the past few months I have been very health conscious, eating very well and trying to avoid alcohol. It's difficult cause I am very shy and find it difficult to interact with people socially when I'm sober. Actually I just get bored! Haha!

Anyway i almost totally gave up alcohol (Was just having a drink or 2 once or twice a month) and the panic attacks were nearly a thing of the past! But recently I went to NY and got a bad panic attack, I found it very stressful and started drinking daily again. I've been back home for a month now and am trying really hard to cut out the booze, I've been out on a few weekend benders but haven't been drinking in the week. I've hardly had anything to drink in about 9 days (except for 1 vodka on Sunday) Now I am feeling absolutely awful. I have no energy to go to the gym and have been feeling utterly depressed. I feel like the only thing that will make me feel better is a drink. It's ridiculous. Is it normal to still be feeling like this? I really thought I'd gotten over the panic attacks once and for all ) : Are some people just alot more sensitive to alcohol than others?

I would tend to think some people are born to be more sensitive to alcohol than others. You may want to see a doctor about your depression and panic attack. Medications can help.