Hello, folks. I am thinking of taking my friend to a restaurant. However, he is a vegan. I was thinking of us going to a sea food restaurant. I wonder what vegans can eat on such places. Can anyone tell me something more about this? I would appreciate all your help.

Hi, there. Vegans are very strict when we talk about their diet. They eat nothing that has an animal origin. I would recommend you to try with shrimps. Once I went to a restaurant with my friend that is vegan. He ordered this with sweet potato stew. It had an interesting taste. I am sure that your friend is more experienced and that he will know what he would prefer eating. I hope this helps. Bon appetite!

Shrimp would be a bad idea, as it is an animal.

Vegans don't consume any animal flesh or animal product, including all meat, poultry, seafood and dairy.

Shrimp is meat and very high in cholesterol. Simply put he is not a vegan. Everyone is making their own exceptions.