Can you tell me something more about the shrimp allergy? What are the most common symptoms of that condition? I have a friend who got rash all over her skin the day after we ate shrimps. Is it possible that she is allergic to that food? I just want to help her.

You should advise her to do some allergen tests. Rash, even though it might look serious is not such a dangerous allergic reaction and believe me, there are worse signs and symptoms. For example, breathing difficulties might occur, which demands immediate medical intervention. So send her to the doctor and no shrimps until the results are done.

Well,
I think that shrimp allergy is very similar to shellfish allergy. I know that there are many symptoms that are involved in the shrimp allergy. The one of the first things that you notice when you have allergic reaction is having hives, itchiness and eczema. Also you might have swelling of the lips and face, along with tongue and throat. As you can see these reactions are very severe so he has to be very careful when he eats sea food. I think that dizziness and lightheadedness are also symptoms that are involved with allergic reaction caused by shrimps. I hope that this helped you in any possible way.

Good luck,
Karel