Hello, folks. We have all heard about vegetarianism and we all know what it is. But, recently I have heard about pollo-vegetarianism. I would really like to know what kind of diet it is. Can somebody explain me what it is? I would really appreciate any kind of help. Thank you in advance.

Hello to you too. Pollo-vegetarianism or pollotarianism is a diet where people eat only poultry meat, fruit and vegetables. Chicken is the most frequently consumed. They do not eat fish or other mammal meat. They also eat animal products like dairy products and eggs. Red meat is considered to be unhealthy, so these people excluded it from their diet. Are you planning to become such type of vegetarian? You haven’t mentioned that. I hope I’ve helped a little. Good luck!

Hey there, 

As andre already explained, pollo-vegetarian diet is a diet that means eating everything except red meat (beef, pork, lamb…). That means that pollo-vegetarians eat chicken, turkey, fish, seafood, so the majority of vegetarians don’t actually consider them as vegetarian. It’s really more of a diet choice that might have significant health benefits, but it still does what most vegetarians are doing their best to avoid – it does include eating meat.

Also, pollo-vegetarian diet includes milk, eggs and use of other animal products. From what I figure, most people choose to not eat red meat because it contains much more fat, but it doesn’t always have to be the case – some people chose to do so because they need to feel different.

A pollo-vegetarian is someone who eats like a regular vegetarian but with an exception for poultry (chicken, turkey...). A pollo-vegetarian eats no fish or red meat. They might eat eggs and/or diary products (tHerefore technically ovo-lacto-pollo-vegetarian)

You can not eat fish if you are a pollo vegetarian.if you add fish you will be considered a Pesco pollo vegetarian(a person who eats seafood and poultry)

THIS LADY ASKED FOR A ANSWER TRENNA AND YOU JUST GOT IT ALL WRONG, THIS IS FOR PEOPLE TO REPLY TO HELP SOMEONE OUT NOT CONFUSE OR REPLY WITH A ANSWER YOU HAVE KNOW IDEA TO THE SUBJECT THANKFULLY YOU WERE NOT THE ONLY ONE AND YOU WERE CORRECTED POLLO NO FISH!

Hello, I just read your post, I am a pollo vegetarian it is one person who cuts back on red meat, someone who only eats chicken or fish, I dont eat fish, pork, or beef.

I just transition to a pollo-vegetarian about 4 montths ago, i still eat eggs and consume dairy products, so technically i am a ovo-lacto-pollo-vegetarian. I didn't realize that until i read about your comment.

For me, it just sort of happend because I don't like the taste of red meat, before today I didn't even know there was a name for it.

Bro calm down