Hi, guys. There are few my wide family members that have been diagnosed with intestinal tumor, so I guess I must do everything I can to prevent this in my case. I would like to know if vegans have less risk for this type of tumor. I know that they have healthier diet than regular people. What do you think?

Hello. First, I must admit that I am not a fan of vegan diet. It is too strict and I think that it is not natural to avoid meat completely. However, some facts can show that vegan diet can reduce risks for colon cancer. Eating red meat once a week increases this risk for 38% comparing to the ones that abstain. Eating poultry once a week raises these risks for 55%. If you eat poultry four times a week, there is 200% greater chance to get colon cancer. These numbers are scary, I admit. But you should reduce meat, not completely exclude it. At least, that is what I think.