Hello Is there anyone who can explain to me some things about Thrive diet? I heard different stories from people I know and I read some confusing posts on some site so I would be very grateful if someone could help me out. I am interested in this diet since my relative told me he lost 20 pounds with ease following this diet program. He also told me that he feels so much better now. I want to know which kinds of food are restricted and what should I avoid if I decide to follow this program. Someone told me that this is a vegetarian diet and all kinds of meat are forbidden. Is it true?

I think I can help you out with this diet Mellisa8. This is a plant based diet made by a professional athlete Brendan Brazier. The one who told you that this diet is vegetarian was half right. This is a vegan diet. That’s different from vegetarian, you know. Vegans are people who just eat food that doesn’t have animal origin and vegetarians just don’t eat meat.

So, the answer to your question is YES. All kinds of meat are forbidden. And not just meat, everything that has animal origin is forbidden. If you are a meat lover maybe look on the bright side-  you can find alternatives for all this forbidden food.

Hello everyone

I would like to say something more about this diet. From the posts you wrote someone could think that this diet sucks and that’s not true. Yes, the diet is plant based and everything that has animal origin should be avoided. Instead of searching for what is forbidden you could see the positive sides of Thrive diet.

First of all, this diet promotes healthy food and healthy habits. Following this diet will make you feel younger and calmer.

Second of all, this diet does not involve counting calories or carbs you eat or lose.

Finally, you can find on the internet or in the books a big number of recipes for every meal so it is easy to follow this diet program.

Hello everyone.

I am familiar with this diet program. I think I even still have the official book Of Thrive diet by Brendan Braizer. I never read the whole book, but I’ve read enough to know the basics. I see that Aidan1 and Aristotle40 gave you some information, but there is more you should know about this diet. You see, this is a very strict diet and if you want to follow it you must be determined. I dare to say that this diet requires avoiding 80 percent of food that most of us regularly eat. So say goodbye to eggs, cheap vegetable oil, and coffee.  But, if you are disciplined enough to follow it, you will lose pounds for sure.

Yes, I agree with you. This diet is very strict. Maybe even the most restricted diet I know. (And I know a lot of them :)). Yes, you have to eliminate coffee, vegetable oil and eggs but also dietary stressors and non nutritious food. Thus, all processed carbs, corn, all soy products, refined sugars, wheat and wheat products, every diary food are forbidden while on Thrive diet. That is maybe 90 percents of food we eat on daily basis.

On a bright side, you can eat all kinds of fresh and frozen fruits, almost all kind of vegetables, and also almost all kinds of nuts and seeds.  

Guys, you are amazing.  :) Thank you all a lot. I can’t believe you gave me so much information. Before I posted this question here I knew almost nothing about Thrive diet and now I know so much.

I didn’t know this diet is so strict. But since I’ve decided to start living healthy and lose weight this is a great challenge for me. I think my body will appreciate this eating program. Eating just veggies, fruits, and other non diary healthy food will detoxify my organism and make me full of energy. I think I should definitely start with this diet. Thank you all again.