Hello, people. I often hear people talking about beta-blockers. As far as I can see, it is used for various diseases, disorders and conditions. I would like to know what disease is treated with this group of medicines. If someone can reply me, I will appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Hi, there. Beta blockers are used in several conditions. They inhibit sympathetic autonomous nervous system. The first and maybe the most important is hypertension. They decrease blood pressure by lowering cardiac output. Angina pectoris and myocardial infarction are also indications for beta blockers. Beta blockers are also considered as class II antiarrhythmics. They are also used for heart failure. They are also used for some diseases that are not cardiovascular. Hyperthyroidism is also condition where they are used as well as some anxiety conditions that are related to psychological disorders.