Good afternoon everyone. At lest, it is afternoon in my country. My friend had some attack a couple of days ago while she was at the mountain with her friends. They was thinking that this is because of the air (she lives in the huge city and she never hoes to the clean air). She went to her doctor as soon as she got back from her weekend trip and they told her that she should do some "Cardiac markers". What are they actually? Can you tell me more about it - can you tell me what is definition and efficacy of cardiac markers? Tnx. 

Hey there.  Look, if doctor recommend you to do it, you definitely should. Cardiac  markers are used in the diagnosis and risk stratification of patients with chest pain and suspected acute coronary syndrome. If you have any of those things, that is why your doctor recommended you to do this test. Also, you need to know that cardiac markers are not necessary for the diagnosis of patients who present with ischemic chest pain and diagnostic ECGs with ST-segment elevation. These patients may be candidates for thrombolytic therapy or primary angioplasty. Treatment is different for every patient and also they are very effective. They are used for many years indeed

Good day there. Look, I want to explain to you at the best way that I ca. Cardiac markers are biomarkers who are used and recommended to evaluate heart function. They are often discussed in the context of myocardial infarction, but other conditions can lead to an elevation in cardiac marker level. You should definitely do it, because most of the early markers identified were enzymes, and as a result, the term "cardiac enzymes" is sometimes used. Also, you need to know that not all of the markers currently used are enzymes.  About the efficacy – I would tell that depends on how much they cost. 

Hi folks! I have done cardiac markers a few days ago. And I can tell you that this is nothing that dangerous. I am happy because I done this test – it actually helped me a lot. Cardiac markers are used in the diagnosis and risk stratification of patients with chest pain and suspected acute coronary syndrome like you already know.For example, patients with elevated troponin levels but negative creatine kinase-) values who were formerly diagnosed with unstable angina or minor myocardial injury are now reclassified as non–ST-segment elevation MI (NSTEMI), even in the absence of diagnostic electrocardiogram (ECG) changes.