Hello. I'm 47 year old female and I would like to find out some useful information about one thing. You see, my son has just finished his medical faculty and I'm very proud of him.
I can't say that it was easy for him because we all well know how difficult is medical education but, he graduated and now, he’s planning some kind of specialization.
I told him that I can't help him with this because it has to be his own decision. So, these last couple of days he was telling me how he really likes microbiology and that he would like to apply for a clinical microbiologist. Can someone tell me more about this!

Well, first I would like to congratulate your son on these extraordinary results. I will tell you more about this specialization because my daughter is clinical microbiologist for last ten years.
It is a very noble job.
Clinical microbiologists work in diagnostic laboratories in large hospitals and but also in medical schools.
Their job is to diagnose or to confirm the diagnosis of identifying bacterial, viral, fungal and parasitic infections.
But now only that- their job is much more complicated and important because they help prevent epidemics and have a large influence on the clinical management of patients.