Hi, my year old child has tonsil Staph infection, but antibiotics are not working for him, he is resistant to them. How to help him?

Staphylococcus infection can be resistant to many antibiotics, as resistant strains are spread in hospitals and other health institutions. Staph infections can differ from a simple boil to antibiotic-resistant infections. because of overuse of antibiotics, there are many bacteria who have developed mechanisms against them. You should ask for an antibiogram, in order to determine which antibiotic would be effective for this specific infection. Meanwhile, you can wash out his mouth with salvia tea, as it poses antimicrobial activity. Propolis pastilles, that need to be melted in the mouth, can also be beneficial.

my son has a boil on his hip,and it has gotten infected, he has some how gotten a stapy inection in the past on his leg, and i have concerns that may be he may have a chroic or underlying condition which is causing these boils to reproduce frequently , which has left him scared and painful sores

For the past 18 months I have recurring staph infections (folliculitis) following any consumption of alcohol. Docs have all been convinced that there is no tie between the drinking and incidence of staph. I refuse to pickle myself with more antibiotics which has been the route of choice of each doctor. Avoiding alcohol entirely works but I'm concerned that I am not addressing the root cause. Any recommended means of fighting staph with diet and/or supplements would be appreciated. Any guidance on what could be causing the problem (liver issue?) also appreciated.

In my opinion as a Microbiologist and Health Researcher, although there are not "studies" per say to back this up, consuming alcohol in my opinion will suppress the immune system. If you look at alcoholics as a group, you will find they suffer from many chronic infections. There is a correlation. One angle is that alcohol is a very simple carbohydrate - essentially it acts like sugar to your body. Sugar definitely will cause a reduction in your immune system and this has been documented in many studies. Therefore it is not recommended to consume both alcohol and antibiotics because you'll suppress your immune system.  Addressing the immune system is the area nearly all infection treatment programs for Staph and MRSA fail. If you use antibiotics, especially over time, they suppress your immune system by killing off all of the "good" bacteria in your gut, and many of the antimicrobial soaps and washes has been shown to affect the "good" bacteria that guard your skin from hostile bacteria. The more you use them, the more problems it creates. For one, you need to find a really high quality probiotic to address your gut bacteria - putting the good guys back in will help. And, antimicrobial soaps aren't even supported by the AMA and I believe should be stopped. Use natural soap and warm water to keep your hands clean. Above all, in the age of antibiotic resistance, natural medicinal antibiotics must be used first, saving antibiotics as a last resort for infection treatment. There are so many effective options available. I've put my personal experience healing from my own chronic recurring infections, my education as a Microbiologist and Staph Researcher, into my website and book on MRSA Treatment called MRSA Secrets Revealed. My book covers all kinds of proven and effective alternative approaches, and most importantly how to effectively get your immune system functioning. I believe the immune system is a major root cause for infection. Michelle Moore Microbiologist and Health Researcher