Hi, my 5-year-old son has gas and diarrhea. He’s losing weight and I am trying to give him enough liquid, but antibiotics and probiotics are of no help so all the liquid just goes through him. What to do?

Hi, I believe that you need to change doctor, because as you described it could be a serious disorder. Weight lose and constant diarrhea can even indicate rectal or colon cancer. You didn’t mention anything about his stool, is it dark or bloody? He should take an endoscopic evaluation of his colon, and then certain answers will be reached. This procedure is done by inserting a special instrument through the rectum, in order to visualize the entire large bowel. In case that any abnormal growths or polyps, are detected, next step is a biopsy. Biopsy is done to check if the tissue contains malignant cells or not.