I've dated this man 4 years, been married 28 years.His family is very independant and my family is very close and poor. I try and tell myself everything gets old. I try to think that's the problem but in my mind..I know better! He has hit me so hard before while I was driving I had to pull over. Then through the years he would pour drink down my clothes or yank a chair out from under me and throw it @ me.And smear icing or bananas all in my hair and throw his can drink @ me and it would go all over the place and even worse things.For days I would be left cleaning all this up. But, I had two children. And I always stayed through thick and thin because of my children. Well, they are grown now. My son is married off but my daughter is 18 but still @ home. My husband never helps with NOTHING @ home. He is a truck driver. And even when he's home everyday he still does nothing but sleep and his job! He has always convinced me that it wasn't worth me working. He says it takes more for me to go to work than what I make.So, I'm kinda like a jack of all trades..detail vehicles, slave for his family and clean houses and bake cakes.  There has been a time where I just knew he was going to kill me. I feel like sometimes my children watched him all these years that they have the same thoughts to say bad things to me to. I've heard them say things to me that he has said. I've been feeling lonely for quiet sometime. If I try and talk to him he says I'm nagging. Says I talk to much and always trying to start something.He will yell @ me so bad slobber is falling from his mouth. He calls me the B.... word and says he would like to slap my face into dirt. And he comes up to me like he's going to do something to me. Yes, I am scared of him. But, I don't know what to do.He is a grown man and you can not talk to his family for help because they don't believe me.They think everybody in their family are saints.He hasn't been to church with me in a couple of years. All I do is pray. I've been praying for a long long time for God to help me and show me what to do. I've been praying to that if it wasn't meant to be that a good job opportunity would open a door for me. I'm alone and confused.Just don't know what to do. He sure isn't going to leave! I used to wonder how people could be married all those years and then divorce. But, now I know.

Please get some help. Will your daughter understand if you explain everything to her? You need to leave him. Just pick everything up, take your daughter & go stay with YOUR parents or a close friend. Get some help from an abuse doctor/shelter/counselor. It is never okay to go through what you're going through. I understand you've been with him forever but theres someone out there who will love you the right way. Not trying to be mean but, let's picture this scenario; your daughter is married to a man for sometime & you come to find out he is abusing her & emotionally damaging her...how would you feel? Maybe staying with your husband is showing her its okay for a man to treat her the same.& it isn't! Please, take your daughter & your valuables & see an abuse treatment facility/counselor. It's the bed decision you'll make. & you owe it to yourself, your daughter & son, & your families future. Good luck, & god bless.