Well I emailed my doctor to see if I could Fibromyalgia as well as CFS and IBS. I have been doing alot of research on my own and all my symptoms point to it. His response was that the rheumatologist did not notice any of the points of Fibro, and that I just need to push past the pain and move on that there is no other test that can be done. Basically he has done every test and then some. He also tested for lupus and RA. To sum it up he thinks I am a hypochondriac and its all in my mind. My husband is even getting frustrated, I was a very active person who used to walk 8 miles a day and did not sit down alot, now I can barely walk the mall and I have to rest quite frequently as well as take naps and lets not even begin on the pain that I have also. I am starting a new job next week and will be on my feet for 8-10 hours a day as I have just finished schooling for Medical Assisting. I am afraid that I will not be able to perform my job and if I can then it will be at the cost of my family. I am afraid that when I get home I will be to tired to spend time with them or clean house. If anyone out there as any advice please help

Hi Mary! Uptil VERY recently Fibromyalgia WAS thought to be psycological! And there are NO tests for this disorder! Just clinical answers! It definitely sounds like you have this! BUT I will warn you about reading too much on line! Because I have been a "victim" of this too and all of a sudden you get ALL the symptoms that they are stating! YET what they dont' say is that MANY things are under thousands of illness headers! Such as headache - just how many disorders or illness's have a headache as one of the symptoms! Also when you get on these sites, a LOt of them ARE filled with hypochondriacs and a lot of what they state can NOT be correct - just over emphasizing their own self on the site!

Even though you have had tests for Lupus and RA! Doesn't mean that your doctor should just whaff you off! I also think that when you emailed him what you thought it was, he IMMEDIATELY classifed you as "one of those!" Doctors do NOT like to be told what you have! They want to be the ones to tell you! So don't worry about him! You need to make an appointment with him and tell him, that "these are my symtpoms and they are affecting my life!, I don't know if it is Fibromyalgia or not, all I know is that I can't function at the rate I used too!" Let him come up with an idea and a solution! IF he doesn't care you have to find another doctor! Just know that depending on their medical backgroun they might ALL think that this is a hypochondriac issue!

Also you need to take a deeper look into your life, and see if there is any reason for your mind and thus your body to start causing you problems! It is VERY hard to have all of these physical problems and pain and think "This CANT be all in my head" BUT sometimes it can! It is called "Depression!" OR "Cause and Affect" Something has caused you to be affected this way! Take a look IF something dramatic has happend or is happening with you, to make you want to check out! See if you have any interest in the world around you! MANY people now adays are overwhelmed with stress and anxiety and some have deep depression from these pressures! Of course I'm not saying that your pains ARE from this, just saying they COULD be! OK? Either way it is going to take some work, to get some help OK? Good luck and health honey!

Thank you for the advice. I went to meet with the people at the fibromyalgia and fatigue center in Portland and I learned alot from them. I can get treatment there for a year it consist of IV and injections as well as suplements. The only problem is it cost about 8000. Like a I just have that layin around. :-( They sent me home with some suplements and told me to really try to find the monies. HAHA ok.

He said that I have FM and CFS and also IBS and I also seem to have a thyroid issue and a bacterial infection that is causing my body and vein to have inflammation which cause them to come to the top so they can been seen, its rather weird and ugly. Also my D levels or not staying up even with high doses of D, they keep going down to 15. I have also decided to drop my old doctor and establish with a new one. I have also decided to take myself off the 12 meds he has me on.

Anyways my question to anyone out there is Does anyone have things that they have done wit diet or naturally (or know of a naturalpathic doctor that is good and located in Vancouver WA) to help with their symptoms? Any help and advice would so be appreciated.